Saturday, October 2, 2021

JOHN BUSBY'S BLOG- PART 2

We've been reading some excerpts from the blog of the neighbor John Busby (aka John Robert Fureigh).  See the previous post here,  The "Alpine Acres" blog has been de-published.

On the afternoon of June 5, 2008, Jack Gordon's neighbor John tried to take a nap, but was interrupted, resulting in this reaction on his blog:
Rain, Snow, Sleet and Hail

June 5, 2008 9:02 PM
I still have issues with some people not understanding that a chain across the driveway with a “No Trespassing” sign, means just that! There are times when guests are welcomed and times when having quiet time alone means the world and NOBODY is above this. There are no emergencies, that are my emergencies that warrant this rule being broken. I may or may not be home and trespassing is WRONG, Waking me up is WORSE!
I just wanted to clear the air so it doesn’t happen again because crossing a locked gate can cause more then medicine cabinet hurt. With the cameras I have placed everywhere, I know who comes by and when and those who know me well enough, know I will go to the gate if it’s closed and if I’m accepting company.

July 2008 didn't start out on a positive note either:

After the rains have gone

July 2, 2008 6:44 PM
I’m also designing some new signs for Alpine Acres that will let everyone know that stopping by is by INVITATION ONLY. I never used to keep my gate closed and I’m not liking the idea of keeping it closed when I am going off and back home for whatever reasons so I’m going to be leaving my gate open but accepting guests only when I invite them over. I enjoy my privacy and respect other’s privacy so I think it’s only fair that my privacy be respected as well. I also like the idea of the camera surveillance so if someone were to come over, uninvited, I do not have to go outside to see them. This may sound harsh but anyone that ever lived in the cities has probably had people come over when guests were not wanted at the time.

The good thing about my friends is that they all know me well enough to respect this but there are always the few that think it doesn’t apply to them and it’s only fair, that when my privacy is no longer respected, then I do not have to show respect in return.

I can just imagine how he felt! All any of us wants is just a little respect. He just wants people to follow his rules and if they do, well then we all will get along just fine.

No comments: